View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
zae757
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
zae757 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
Are you buying new or used? What sort of % spread will you be using this car versus the Z (50% of the time...)? Is it just you driving both?

I would find it hard to justify a new car for just 50% of the time, especially since it's being driven in the winter as a "beater" equivalent.

- Go used beater. Really, anything as long as it runs and does what you need.
- If you go new, I'd suggest a quality econocar around $20k that can still be sold in 10 years when you get her up to 150k+ miles as well. Toyota, Honda, whatever lasts a good deal on the inside.

If you can swing new and swing solid at $45k and lower, then get whatever I guess.

I would just then say don't get something sporty or anywhere close to the same category as the Z. Don't make it an agonizing choice which car to drive on a sunny day to work. If it's agonizing, you may as well sell the Z and get the year-round car, ya know?
Well like I said, I currently have a Honda and it's my daily beater car. I'm about to be 29 so I want something that a teenager doesn't really have or see on a daily. My Z would only be driven on the weekends when I have time. That IS350 sounds like a winner though. I will be buying used but would like to keep it under 22k if possible. The Z car note is under 400 a month so I can swing another 400 (hopefully I'll be paying less) a month if necessary.

Unfortunately, I don't sell cars back to the dealer or to anyone actually. I just give them to family members when I'm tired with them and they're paid off.
zae757 is offline   Reply With Quote