View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #714 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I have the solid aluminum motor mounts. They are only really noticeable during cranking. Otherwise they are very smooth with just a very slight extra occasional feel. Just right if you ask me. I have the solid trans mount too... that trans mount lasted the 4 miles between my shop and my house. When I got home, I didnt wait 5 minutes to just jack up the car and go back under there and put the stock trans mount back in. However it turned out that in that quick drive, part of that adjustable height solid trans mount quickly became loose and was probably the source of most of the noise.

The only thing I dont like about having a loose trans mount, but having the solid engine mounts, is that its extra load on the engine mounts. Any moving at the back of the trans is going to be torquing HUGE on those motor mounts before it even starts to load the spongy trans mounts.

I am going to weld up that adjustable solid trans mount so it cannot loosen, and try it out again this year.