View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittens View Post
also i am never driving in snow on summer tires again I thought I could swing it once and learned the hard way

btw its like 44 degrees and roads are clear now
A few weeks ago on a Saturday night I got caught out at a friend's place after and during a snow of about 1-3 inches on accumulation with slush. I didn't think it was supposed to do more than light flurries. I had a 10 mile drive in town home. Thankfully at 11:30pm it was light traffic, but holy hell do I never want to experience that again. "Wait, why the crap is the rear end feeling like it wants to overtake the front when I'm going up a slight incline!" "Oh no, why does this feel like I'm driving on top of a writhing marshmellow?" Thankfully <20mph and smart routing I got home without issue, and I'm also very thankful about how much the car communicates to me about what is and isn't going well.

Still, never again. (My car was otherwise stored all winter, so summer tires were on it.)
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote