View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
I agree however couldnt they do a light color spray and clear and get the same effect? I have seen it done before where a light coat of paint was applied to tint the CF to the desired color... i.e. normal CF became blue CF... that was my thought.
Most of the colored CF weaves you see are a hybrid Carbon/Kevlar material....The color is in the cloth, not the epoxy pigment or a painted on coloring... You'd have to cut and overlay materials based on my experience in working with this stuff..2x2 twill is hard to work with as it's a very "loose" fabric. It can be done...Would just take a lot of care and time to set up right in the mold..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 11-11-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote