View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Z Stig
Track Member

Drives: SOLD: '10 370Z BC M6
Z Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.pulliam View Post
Yep timing chain overhaul. I thought it was weird too. A few months ago we had a couple really, really cold nights. Historically cold apparently. Anyway on one of those mornings I woke up and my car was in limp mode after a few hundred yards of driving. It was throwing P0300 which was the only code. The car was actually driving fine but kept throwing the code. I did what I could (new o2s, mafs, bg44k, cleaned intake) but it kept coming back. Eventually it got worse and the car would become hard to start. So I took it in and they said it jumped time. My car has 74k on it.

I bought my car from Carmax with MaxCare extended warranty. I just had to provide maintenance records since I do my own and they covered it no problem. Total invoice from Brown's was $5k. I agree they do great work too. and Mike is awesome. I paid $1700 for the warranty by the way.

I don't think it's a problem. I couldn't find a single instance of a 370z jumping time online I just think I got lucky, possibly having something to do with the extreme cold.
Thanks for the details. All of the service guys there that I have worked with are good guys. Glad your car is fixed and back on the road. Mine is there today getting an alignment, so I should be back in it this afternoon.

Now: 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for off-road fun, 2015 BMW 228ix for on-road fun
Z Stig is offline   Reply With Quote