View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #68 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
You're mixing metrics.

Cost is absolutely the factor we are comparing against here, not level of track-readiness.

So we're picking the 911 that is closest to the same price as the Z/28, and the Z/28 blows it away.

This is a very, very narrow window through which to compare cars, which is why it is easy to get yourself confused on what we are comparing.

Compare almost any other stat (not counting reliability, TCO or anything else that 'semi exotics' like a 911 GT3 or GT-R would have weaknesses in relative to any pony car) and the differences are a lot less positive. The Camaro's interior is abysmal, resale will suffer, etc. (In comparison to a Porsche or GT-R)

I absolutely love the Z/28 and would trade my Z for it without batting an eye. The amount of controversy this car is stirring up just goes to show what a catalyst to the track-tuner-special market the Z/28 really is. All I can say is MOAR!
Im sorry perhaps my comprehension of numbers is bad....but since when is a $181,000 Turbo S close to a $75k Z/28.
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote