View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Welcome from someone whose first Z was a new 240Z many years ago.

I acknowledge that I'm not a true audiophile in my car but I can't really grasp the dissatisfaction with the Bose stereo setup. Seems odd to complain about fidelity in a car that transmits so much road noise. Anyway, the system works great for me...fortunately for you there is no shortage of sound shops that can install the system of your dreams in your Z. Reading some of the aftermath threads here, I think I'll continue to stay OEM.
Thanks! I have the Bose-less bass model audio set-up. The audio system wasn't a factor at all in going with the Z, and I'll stick with the OEM until I find someone who has successfully upgraded several Z's. I've read a few of those threads also, and they may well have prevented me from just blindly driving into a local shop. So far the road noise hasn't been as big an issue as I had feared--perhaps because my expectations were so low due to what I had read and some of the poor roads around here.

I'll bet a 240 was a real kick at that time!
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote