View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks to this forum for helping me select ...

my third Z. But it's the first one in a few decades! A car-hungry teenager in need of a vehicle "forced" me to look for something for myself so that he could have my hand-me-down Toyota Solara. Figuring that kids are no longer in need of my help with transportation, I decided to move on to something fun to drive again. I had bought a used 1976 280Z in the early 80's and subsequently traded it for a 1985 300ZX which I drove for 10 years and > 250,000 miles. After doing a lot of reading about different vehicles, I kept gravitating back to the Z. It ended up being the only car that I test drove, and that was primarily a check for adequate headroom.

While my Z will never hit a track, I found this forum extremely helpful--especially convincing me to insist upon the sport package. I finally focused on a 2014 base with sport package in magma red, and found exactly what I was looking for.

I've had the Z a couple of weeks now and am really loving it! I am quite disappointed with the audio system, which this forum had prepared me for. I am looking forward to upgrading it but will have to find someone knowledgeable enough to do it for me. My wife is crazy about the car and loves the sound of the stock exhaust. I hope she never sees the available exhaust mods while reading this forum over my shoulder or I will have no choice there

Thanks again to everyone on this forum for making my life easier. I expect to hang around to see what I can learn and hope I can contribute a tidbit here and there eventually. And I vow not to be "that old guy" that some people seem to have stereotyped Z-drivers to be!

Last edited by Fuzzzy; 03-30-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote