View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Just buy the AP Racing 6-pot f 4pot rear and call it a day. I have heard they are the best kit for the money out right now...from very reputable sources...like professional race teams, not vendors who want to sell a product.

Buying anything bigger is dumb, you limit your choice in pads and pad prices skyrocket. Don't buy hype, buy performance if its performance you want.
Yeah, it's basically between AP and StopTech. The only concern I have about the AP kit is that it was basically pieced together for this application - I haven't seen any testing on the resulting stopping distances. StopTech usually does a pretty good job on their testing before putting out a kit, although I'm not sure they did much in this case.

I also thought it might be good to have a resource thread for people to refer to in the future or on web searches. The weights, for instance, would be worth getting in one defined location. I actually thought you would care more than anyone about a factual comparison.

Bullitt - I totally appreciate the post. I'd personally shy away from that kit because I my guess is that it's more for show than anything (8 piston calipers are, from what I've read, totally unnecessary). That said, I think you're right that the information belongs on this thread.
imag is offline   Reply With Quote