View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalapagas View Post
Wow, this can definitely come in handy for my nitrous build....hey phunk just out of cutiosity there shouldn't be any problem if the gauge is inside the hood with all that heat will it? Just cutious seeing as summer is around the corner and ttexas heat is horrifying
Good question.

These gauges are pretty common to put in engine bays. They have been around a long time. I wont say that I have never seen one go bad in my life, but its definitely not very common.

I have had the same gauge in the same location on my 370z for roughly 3 years now. Photo attached. That was a custom fitting that we welded and machined on to just "get it done" on the spot those years ago. It has held up for me in daily driving conditions and pretty bad heat/humidity that we get up here.

So while I cannot promise that the gauge will last forever, I can confidently say that chances are great it will last a very long time... and that if it does ever fail, they are very inexpensive to replace (about $25 retail).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (124.6 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by phunk; 02-03-2015 at 11:39 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote