View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
gabe3d
Base Member

Drives: Old school G
gabe3d is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
thats what i mean its before cams. The vvel's "profile" is already at what hr and de race cams are at, the hr is somewhere in between the two so if the supercharger made 21psi on de stock cams, putting it on an hr means more overlap and less boost do to a bit more wasting, and a better breathing engine. You can cam any of the motors to do the same thing as a vhr, but that isn't the way they come. to really make use of a built engine the guy is going to need a T trim or v7/v4 whichever fits easier. If they get 600hp out of the modified v3 they could get 700 or 800 out of a v7

Oh and a turbo reference doesn't translate over to superchargers all that well. A turbo is much more tolerant of excessive overlap than a supercharger is.
Not sure exactly how much overlap the VHR has since i have never seen the cam spec card nor do I claim know exactly how the VVEL black magic affects the cam for that matter i'm not even sure if anyone knows for sure.

I didn't make any reference to turbos. A SC is more like an NA compared to Turbo and NA, when talking about cam profiling. The first you worry about blow thru where as the latter you worry about exhaust gas making its way back into the engine.

Sorry for the off topic conversation.
gabe3d is offline   Reply With Quote