View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #38 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrvaxx View Post
I'm starting to wonder if Nissan is going to pull a truly brilliant move...Use the IDX to compete with the BRZ and then use the GTR 3.8L with a Nismo turbo option for a 380Z.

LOOK I can dream damn it!
Not sure I would consider this a brilliant move...Apologies for saying so.

IDX to compete with BRZ = Good Idea
GTR 3.8L Turbo for a 380Z = Bad idea

I am a big fan of more power but not if it makes the front end of the Z more of a boat anchor then it is presently. I dream of 50/50 weight distribution despite Nissans marketing that the current weight distribution is better.

If I were a dreamer they would shave off 100 lbs + of the block and stroke it out to 4.2L + (making up numbers) making North of 375 HP and focus the rest of the dollars on chassis weight savings. Imagine a 3000 lbs 375 HP Z with a 50/50 weight distribution. Oh yeah and they should also make the suspension on the Z fully adjustable from stock. Look at the Mazda Rx8 chassis...You don't need camber arms. Finally, a better LSD and lower driving position.

I know its blasphemy because I like the 3.7L but I think a whole new engine is in order. Lighter, smaller, and more powerful. I would prefer NOT to have a 4 cylinder Turbo but if it sounds good then I could be convinced. What if they make a super light version of the old inline 6 and turbo it...uuuuuuuuu yummy.

I wish Nissan would 1 up Chevy's LS and build a whole new v8 that is lighter/smaller with the same power levels then put that into the Z.

Just dreaming.

Last edited by cavemancan; 03-26-2014 at 08:32 AM.
cavemancan is offline   Reply With Quote