View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
darrinps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Roadster
darrinps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
Not trying to be a #$% but as a service advisor I am so tied of hearing "should not have worn out so soon" or "should not have broke"...step back a second and think about how many parts your car has on it, just yours, now imagine how many fuel pumps there are that are built by the same manufacturer for multiple car lines, and it is not feasible that ONE of these pumps has gone bad? There is a warranty on the car because there are parts that WILL fail, it is humanly impossible to manufacturer anything and not have a failure rate! My grandfather rebuilt transmissions, carbs, engines, starters, valve jobs etc etc EVERYDAY as a technician in the 50's and 60's, and in just those short years we have evolved into a great era of tech and manufacturing, not to mention entitlement, our society is becoming unreasonable at an alarming rate, this isn't a personal attack, just a vent that was trigger by you, but jeez, come on.
Honestly, it's this type of attitude that would make me take my business to a competitor.

It should not have failed so soon. If you think otherwise then you do not understand the engineering process. It was designed to live longer than this. The fact that it broke means that this particular pump was sub-standard.
darrinps is offline   Reply With Quote