View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
ituan
Base Member

Drives: 11 PW 370z sport mod
ituan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3_FaM0uS View Post
^ I used a 36"x1/2" extension [with a 17mm swivel(IIRC?)] as well when I installed this clutch back in November or so. You have to kind of hold the impact(or socket wrench whichever you have chosen) high in the tunnel to reach the 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock bolts on the bell housing to get as square of a turn as possible and keep from the extension binding up on stuff. great DIY todd! definitely rep'ping this one. Wish I had: had this months ago when I was doing my own but it was thankfully pretty straight forward. One thing I do want to note for you and maybe the help of others is that if you cant get the input shaft splines to align on the clutch correctly its nice to have a second person slip the drive shaft into the output end and rotate the input shaft slightly while yourself or another person applies the forward pressure to seat the trans. I speak from experience as I was a dumb@ss and played with my input shaft and couldn't get it to seat back properly until the following day when I could get the help of my dad
man i wish i knew to do this yesterday! my buddy and I spent like 2 hrs trying to get the shaft realigned into the transmission and slide it in!
ituan is offline   Reply With Quote