View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Try these:
1) Check the battery in the fob. I'd go ahead and replace it "just because" - they're cheap and easy to replace. Edit: Put the fob in the "fobgina". If the car starts, then it's the fob battery.
2) Check the clutch pedal switch. Judging by what I've read on this site, switch failure is not that common but it's not really rare either.
3) Beat on the ESCL with your fist or a rubber mallet. If it frees up, then cut the wire (or pull the fuse; see below).

A fully charged car battery should read about 13V (13.2V if everything is perfect). If you made several attempts to start, 12V isn't that bad but I'd put a charger on it before making more start attempts just to make sure.

Not sure what the deal with the brakes is. I'm guessing that you aren't used to the car yet and just need to push the pedal a little harder.

Cutting the wire is, for all intents and purposes, permanent. Pulling the fuse is not very difficult and you can always put the fuse back in if needed. Personal choice, I guess; nothing wrong with cutting the wire. Just make sure to insulate the bare ends of the wires (due to the lack of room in that area, I'd suggest using heat-shrink tubing/caps).

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 03-23-2014 at 09:20 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote