View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 06:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

If your planning on running front speakers only along with that sub, you should look at a set of components, and a 2 channel amp.
The wont need the extra battery, trust me. As far as speaker brands go, You're going to hear everyones favorites, not whats right for you. You need to shop for yourself, within your budget, and if possible listen to them somewhere before you buy. Everyone has different tastes, and different Ideas of what is expensive and what is not.
My opinion of the 2 you mentioned..... JL is ridiculously overpriced on everything they sell... And I have used both the Polk DB's and Polk MM's. Niether one impressed me, although the MM's did sound much better. If you thought the polks were expensive, you don't want to hear my recommendations. $500 budget is not going to help much for a DD head unit, Amp and Components. I suggest you save up a little more $$$
Remember, your entire audio system is a chain, and its only as strong as its weakest link. Chose your weapons wisely.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals

Last edited by RonRizz; 03-23-2014 at 06:04 AM.
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote