View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #5147 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux View Post
So I just got home from doing the install at a friends house. We started at 4, and quickly ran into issues. We managed to get the fronts swapped out in 4 hours after having to remove the camber arms (which is infinitely easier than reaching those 4 f***n' PITA bolts behind the rotors [which, by the way, wouldn't budge with any impact wrench using 400 ft/lbs]). Once we figured out the first one, the second one took 15 minutes. The rears I did by myself in less than 10 minutes.

I absolutely love the ride on swifts. I can't believe how much difference a .5" drop makes. I'm not sure I'd want to go any lower, as my camber is kind of on the border, and my sport rays with 20mm/25mm front/rear don't look as aggressive now.

I gotta thank the guy that typed up the DIY, and then make some suggestions for when things inevitably don't go according to plan.

Tomorrow I'm going to knock out the camber arms and toe bolts.

Thank you to everybody here that suggested I do the install myself. Over the course of this weekend I'll have saved close to $500 in labor!
Good to hear man!
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote