View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
SIKHRYDE
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
SIKHRYDE is on a distinguished road
Default Question for Automatic Z Owners

Hey Everyone,

My Z was involved in an accident and I just got it back from the shop.... everything looks good but I noticed something and want to know if this is "norm"

Prior to the accident when I put the Z in manual mode, lets say I was in 3rd gear and I am approaching a stop sign, the car would go from 3, to 2, to 1 until I stopped.

Between each gear, the RPM would like rev a little bit and it almost felt as if the car was self breaking (like there was this force - lol I know this is going to be hard to describe but hopefully you know what I am talking about).

Now my car goes from 3...to 2.... to 1.... and there is none of that. Its like you cant even tell at all. There is not that little rev that happens nor does it feel like the car is breaking on its own.....

I tried doing this breaking hard, breaking slowly, and even just letting the car come to its stop on its own - and it doesn't happen....

Thoughts?

P.S. If you want to see how my Z looked like all banged up (it was pretty bad) you can check the link below - it has all the pictures and stuff during the whole time I was getting it fixed.

Smashed my Z
SIKHRYDE is offline   Reply With Quote