View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #2213 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtodd View Post
I have not put together a full-on build thread yet, but I will be shortly. I think it's fair to say the abuse I'll be putting the car through will be as thorough a test as anyone in terms of reliability.

That being said, I truly feel that most of the failures people have seen in the past can mostly be attributed to 1) heat 2) fuel, and 3) tuning. Not raw power. Are we approaching that point? Probably. But just look at the bottom end of this platform. It is no joke. Failures at ~500hp are not being caused by power alone.

I'll save a lot of the gory details around my goals, mindset, and decision making process for my build & review threads. But said another way, I went into this with eyes wide open. If it does fail, its because I chose to push it that far. This is why I have a spare short block being built in the meantime. I put my big-boy pants on before we started down this path.

Tony, Dan, Seb, & Charles held up their end of the deal (and considerably exceeded all of my expectations). Soon it will be my turn
Well said!
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote