View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #298 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
I'll ask them about it when they call me back with the status of the back ordered part. They claim that no one had been back even with the new units with same issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r3s View Post
... the replacement part has recorded failures as well. Far fewer albeit, but still has failures. The newest model Zs don't even have the part installed which is a pretty good indicator of how useful the part actually is.
The newest revision ESCL seems to be more reliable but, as 4r3s points out, there have been some failures.

How many 370Z ESCLs has your shop worked on? I'm guessing not enough to have a good statistical sample.

The ESCL is, IMNSHO, pretty worthless to start with (and, apparently, Nissan agrees as they no longer install ESCLs on 370Zs). Why risk another failure for a part that doesn't really do anything? Pull the fuse. If it weren't for the "handshaking" signals that the ESCL has to present for the car to start, I'd remove mine* completely.

* Edit: my ESCL box, not the fuse. Thanks to 4r3s for pointing out the ambiguity.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 03-20-2014 at 12:29 PM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote