Thread: Remember when?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Does the BCM also check for neutral position on the shifter itself, or does it *only* check the clutch? (If it doesn't, it would be cool to find a way to hack it to check for neutral instead of the clutch).
I see no mention of the 6MT needing to be in any certain position to start. As far as I can tell (but I haven't dug very deep), the gear position sensor is only used for SRM.

"The starter motor magnetic switch is supplied with power when the ignition switch is turned to the START position while the selector lever is in the P or N position for A/T models or the clutch pedal is depressed for M/T models." - Page STR-10 of 2009 FSM.