Thread: Hood dampers?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
grandpawmoses
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a hard bargain
grandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
I couldn't find the install guide online and they are coming in today. I was wondering if you had taken both of the nuts off at the same time on one side of the hood and if you had any allignment problems. I saw that kelly fields only had to take one nut off but the brackets in z1's pic looks like i have to take two off. just curious and any info is greatly appreciated.
There is an installation guide packed with the struts. But to answer your question, the new brackets do attach under two nuts. The guide says to take one nut off at a time but you have to loosen both nuts. I took both nuts off (the third nut keeps everything aligned).
Operation is great and alignment is perfect.
FYI, the little spring clips were loose in my box and I was convinced I didn't get them until I found them where I opened the box. They are tiny so watch for them.
grandpawmoses is offline   Reply With Quote