View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatsuongmai View Post
I have done a lot of research and has read a lot of posts regarding this topic but still can't decide yet. From what I gather so far, using spacers will change the angle and cause premature wear on the bearing, cause stress on the entire suspension, and decrease turn radius (please correct me if I'm wrong). I have the sport wheels and like to push it out a little more for a flush look but too nervous of the draw backs. I understand that it would be better to buy a new set of wheels that have a better offset for a flush look but no $ at the moment

For those who are using stud replacement spacers on their Z, I desperately need your feedback on this cuz I'm nervous of having to replace my bearing hubs. Thanks so much!!
well, if that's the case then any aftermarket wheelset that fits the wells correctly ("fits nicely" i should say) will cause bearing failure. that's not the case.

if you're going to stick with the stock ride height, go with below:

front 15mm (stud replacement type)
rear 10mm (stud replacement type)

This will keep your wheels slightly tucked in for a clean look, but with a more aggressive stance than no spacers. you dont want to get big arse spacers unless you're going to lower your ride.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote