View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Drakonis GTR
Base Member

Drives: 09' 370Z B/S Rd M6
Drakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the rough

Stuff like this is why I'm glad I live in an area without vehicle inspection.

All that aside, I used to have to deal with state inspections (Vermont), though I have never had to do so with a modded car. How much does it cost on average to have an independent do the inspection? Back in Vermont it was roughly $100, but that was over a decade ago.

The reason I ask is that it kind of sounds like the Jiffy Lube experience to me with that dealership. I can see why they do it, as they would need to be able to do their own vehicles from time to time, and why not soak some money off of people by doing their's and finding "issues". So if you are confident that this is all BS, and unless you can find a way for them to inspect it minus fixing those "issues", I'd tell them to go eat a **** and find some independent shop to do and just pay their charge. Better that than paying $300 for **** you know is working fine.

2009 Nissan 370Z Base w/ Sport Package
F.I . LTHs with Non-Resonated Cat-back exhaust (C.F.) / Stillen Gen3 CAI / Up-Rev Tune
Drakonis GTR is offline   Reply With Quote