View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute
Default SPL rear titanium mid links, springs???

Help post 13!!

If I buy the spl mid links I can no longer use my swift spec-r rear springs or OEM. What do you all suggest that is a good replacement from swift? I see most are 2.5" in diameter but length are all different. When I talked to Fortune Auto about their 510's and I told them what the car was for and they suggested I buy their coilovers with 15k front and 13k rear. The swift spec-r now I believe are 10k front and 10.5k rear but obviously on OEM shocks.

I don't have money to do the coilovers now and the mid links if I go OEM coilovers or true coilovers and SPL rear toe arms. I need rear toe adjustment at the moment and it's all I care about. So the cheapest plan is mid links with new rear springs. Should be under $1000. But do I buy the 13k spring now or buy a softer spring until I can get the front coilover to match with it plus a new rear shock that can handle that rate? Also the 13k spring might be bad with the OEM shock plus 10k front and 13k rear might handle like ****. So let's say I go with a 8k, 9k, 10k, rear...do I buy 6" spring, 7", 8"??? The mid link can obviously adjust height so maybe it doesn't matter? But if it didn't, why does swift make a 5,6,7,8,9,10,11" spring in a 65mm ID?

Last edited by synolimit; 03-30-2014 at 02:03 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote