View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 07:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglare View Post
focus st has huge potential too, I heard for $800 you can get 50hp and 50tq, plus that thing has gobs of low end torque.
Before jumping into this torque steering grocery getter, I would heavily consider the WRX and STI for the same price with AWD. The WRX 5spd is slightly quicker than the STI, but the STI has a better suspension and stronger drivetrain. 2011-2014 ones are nice and you'll have the option of hatch or sedan.

If you wait a month or two you can check out the brand new WRX/STI. The new WRX has a 6spd now, which makes it slightly slower and only has the 2.0L turbo, rather than 2.5L turbo like previous models (and 2015 STI's), but the new WRX will be a the higher end of your budget $26k or so. I've done so much research myself because I'm considering a switch. Reviews say they handle amazingly and comfortable in the WRX, the STI has a harsher ride.

....the Focus ST looks great on the outside, but its FWD and the interior looks horrible IMHO. The dash layout and shifter are not comfortable for me.