View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 05:39 AM   #1240 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
Oh I misread your post I thought you just had new pads and fluid at the moment. Something has got to be wrong to not notice a difference in the Akebonos and base brakes regardless of pads and fluid. The barking surface alone will make you stop more effortlessly.
This.^

Huck,

The only other variable is if you're standing on the brake pedal lol. Then its not so much the brakes, but the grip that your front tires have with the pavement. Base brakes and Akebonos will stop the car in the exact same amount of distance when ABS kicks in because the brakes are at the mercy of tire grip.

Of course, if you're not engaging ABS then Akebonos should be a very noticeable difference from base brakes. More surface area should stop the car easier. Less pressure applied to the brake pedal to get the car to stop.

I did notice a slight improvement by swapping out my stock rotors with the Z1 slotted. They bite better but its not night and day. They're cheap and worth the looks, but if you want performance you really need a two piece rotor for weight savings.

Last edited by Footloose301; 03-13-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Footloose301 is offline   Reply With Quote