View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 02:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

I bent the ali plate under the engine and also the fabricated assembly under the gearbox by taking the car over the ripple strip at Winton Raceway - had to replace both following a visit to the wreckers !!

Taught me to drive better !!

I use 649mm tall tyres on the road and 635 on the track "just" to give a bit more clearance on the road, but I do have the luxury of track-day rims.

Road tyres are 245/40R18 and 275/35R18 a\nd track-tyres are 265/35R18 all round.

I have also had to repair the exhaust system from excursions over the ripple strips and am now on my second lip.

That said, my damage has not been what I would call "structural" because none of the actual chassis has taken a hit - all been sacrificial bits and at the end of the day - down to driver-error (or excessive enthusiasm and/or lack of mechanical sympathy).
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote