View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 01:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Listen guys they are a Nissan dealership if you have a problem with nissan's policy on the ester oil call nissan. YOu both aren't informed correctly read your owners manual and your warranty and you will find out that the current standing from nissan is that the ester oil is best for the engine (arguable personally i don't think it is and it's a scam) this is what they tell the service department to do. It is a dealer service department not regular shop so they follow the book and company policy. If you read your warranty book they will not void the warranty if you do not use ester oil just like they won't if you install a cat-back but do me a favor buy a F.I. Exhaust and try to have a nissan dealer install it and see what they say. Not that you can't do it, they just won't. Service departments that will put in an oil other than the ester oil ARE NOT FOLLOWING NISSAN RECOMMENDED SERVICE PROCEDURE good or bad it's not how NISSAN rolls.

Edit: Take your car somewhere else have them put in the oil that makes you happy and keep the receipt in with your warranty book that is all nissan requires you to do.

Last edited by 1slow370; 11-09-2009 at 01:42 AM.
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote