View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
chadegrimsley
Base Member

Drives: '09 Nissan GT-R
chadegrimsley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arnaldo View Post
There was some kinda issue with a lever used for an extra-torquey takeoff ("launch control" or something of the sort). I read that Nissan was planning on addressing that problem by eliminating the "launch thingy" (?), and adding 5 to 7 more horsepower. Is anyone up-to-date on that?! That would put the monZter at, about, 513-520 dynamometer horseys!!! Whoa! How 'bout the torque, does anybody here know the ft/lbs on the beaZt?! Greetings, dudes!
I don't know what you're referring to with a "lever". The "launch control" that was on the 2009 model launched at 4500rpm which was a little too harsh on 1st gear from major wheel-hop. The 2010 model (and TCM update for the 2009 model) has a less harsh 3000rpm launch but is harder to manipulate. "Launch control" is initiated by putting the brake pedal 100% to the floor, accelerator 100% to floor, then letting off brake pedal. The first "launch control" required the VDC in the 'off' position, the new "launch control" can work with VDC in any position.

I don't know where you get the 513-520 dyno hp from either, 2009 model dyno's approximately 420-440 at the wheels with 480 at flywheel. 2010 model received a 5hp increase at the flywheel - 485hp. Both models have 434 lb-ft.

2009 Nissan GT-R - Premium - Black Obsidian/Black
chadegrimsley is offline   Reply With Quote