View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #42 (permalink)
bruddahmanmatt
Base Member

Drives: For The Hell of It
bruddahmanmatt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
this is his first car, no money, limited monthly budget, and was still wondering wat he wanted at the time. my recommendation to anyone in that state is not to get their head stuck in debt so soon, SAVE UP money to make a sound decision before letting selfish dealers like you, push novice customers into getting a new car for your benefit. that's all.

there is no need to buy an impractical sports car like the Z in a rush.

apr of 11-12% ? holy f-king hell. i would never do that.
So ignorant, and in all honesty, just plain rude. The OP clearly wanted a Z, whether or not it's a sound financial decision isn't up to you, it's up to him. In all honesty, a 370Z is NEVER a sound decision from a practicality standpoint, it's a pure want item but we (the Z community) all lust for the speed, sound, feel, drive and the rush we get from our cars. Sometimes the want outweighs the need.

My point is that the way you somewhat bashed the idea of a lease came off as uninformed. If someone came to me and said that they wanted a Z now but had an eye on the Z35, I'd recommend a lease all day. It's that very line of thinking that led me to lease my '13, because if the Z35 does end up becoming a bit too digital for my somewhat old school taste, I have the option to buy my Z34. If on the other hand the Z35 or the IDx wins me over, I have an easy out.

I'm happy for the OP, and the truth is that as a first time buyer it'd be hard as F to get him into a lease on a Z without a large chunk of change down. A 12% APR is a bit high for those of us used to Tier 1 credit, but it's his decision and he can always refinance with a credit union in a year.

Your comment about me being "a selfish dealer" is just plain rude and ignorant though. I was a huge part of the Hawaii G35 community back when I had my G and ran our Oahu club and sold a ton of cars to many members. After moving to LA I've sold a handful of Zs, LEAFs and other Nissans to a few folks who are members here and over at My350Z.com as well. I'm sorry you feel a need to stereotype but not everyone who works in the car sales industry is a jerk. I'm assuming that your attitude stems from negative experiences with dealerships but we're not in the showroom here, this is a board for Z enthusiasts alike.