View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #33 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

yesterday i dug out the stock accordion pipes and measured the ccv fittings.

RHS (US passenger side) had a 16mm opening to accept the ccv resonator barb, with a restrictor cast into the bottom of it nearest the fresh air stream. approximate diameter at this restriction is roughly 13mm (couldnt get caliper in there to measure without destroying the accordion pipe.
The inner diameter of the ccv resonator barb is roughly 13mm

LHS (US driver's side) has a helmholtz style resonator mated to a 16mm opening.
This accordion pipe also has a 16mm opening to accept the ccv resonator barb. There is no restrictor on this side, it's 16mm straight thru. Inner diameter of this side's ccv resonator barb is also roughly 13mm.

Now, the Stillen G3 features 12.5mm barbs on both sides.
AEM has 13mm on both sides.

I cut off the barb on the LHS and tig welded on a 15.5mm ID bung. So far it's been alright. I did a idle relearn last night and the idle dip seems to happen more now, but i've been told it needs time to learn and it will improve.

Will report back when something interesting happens.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote