View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
lkh5650
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z spt 6mt
lkh5650 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherreratx View Post
I got my 2010 Roadster (Touring-Sport package-Navigation) two weeks ago. I couldn't be any happier. I was worried about the "Soft-Top" and purchased a Nissan Gold Prem. Plan from the net (6y/80,000 for $1,800).

I found out that no Company offers an extended warranty plan (from Nissan or any 3rd party) coverage for the Convertible Soft Tops (Materials), but they do offer coverage for the mechanical parts.

To settle my concern and return-on-investment for the warranty purchase, I asked a local Nissan Service Director "What they do." He mentioned, Nissan does not work on "soft-Top" installation and materials when its under the initial 3/36month warranty. They end up sending it out to a local auto upolstry shop and just charge Nissan for the new car warranty costs (Owner is left thinking that Nissan Dealer Applied the fix. They just out-resouce it). Learning that, I found a replacement top (from a quality local upholstery shop will cost $1200. This is small price to pay in the future. It settled my ROI and Concerns.... I am sure that local shop will give you a better materials warrant than Nissan.

You know sometimes, it COST to PLAY. In my case, my 370z is not my Daily Driver.
Thanks for all the replies guys.
so does that mean they (the extended warranty, security gold preferred .we) will replace the roof top if the problem occurs as long as I pay for the cloth (which is around 1200$)??
It would be my dd...but I live in GA and it doesn't rly snow but it would rain quite often...
lkh5650 is offline   Reply With Quote