View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #36 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt View Post
I'm curious as to why you'd recommend he buy a car cash when it's obvious that (assuming he'd be able to get approved) a lease would be in his best interest. If he ends up wanting a Z35 instead in a few years, a lease allows him the easiest way out of his Z34 given that our cars don't exactly retain their value very well.

I realize that this is all moot given that the OP appears to have financed a car, but your comment just came across as a "leasing is bad" generalization I hear all too often from customers who simply don't understand how they work.

As for the OP, congrats on the purchase. Wish I had read this thread earlier as I'm always happy to help a fellow forum member out with a new vehicle purchase.
this is his first car, no money, limited monthly budget, and was still wondering wat he wanted at the time. my recommendation to anyone in that state is not to get their head stuck in debt so soon, SAVE UP money to make a sound decision before letting selfish dealers like you, push novice customers into getting a new car for your benefit. that's all.

there is no need to buy an impractical sports car like the Z in a rush.

apr of 11-12% ? holy f-king hell. i would never do that.