View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

One question I often ask customers when we speak on the phone is how much their tuning and dyno use costs them.

It can make a difference in what I recommend. Lets look at my car as an example... tuning is free, and dyno time is almost free... I give the guy I sold my dyno to $100 and use the thing as long as I want. he doesnt even ask for the money, its more like a tip.

So for me to come back and do it again later is no big deal.

Then, there are guys who have to schedule their tuning 4 weeks in advance and it costs them $800 by the time its done. In that situation, its really not cool to run out of fuel early and have to go back.

So it can depend... for a guy who tunes his car himself on the street and only uses the dyno for final high power tuning and to see what it makes... those guys I often recommend them to just TRY it out and see how it goes, upgrade if needed.. no harm done.