View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
RonZwanson
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Black MT Sport
RonZwanson will become famous soon enough
Default Bloody weather...

Hey everyone,

I searched around for a while this morning, and couldn't really find an answer to my question. (Searched, scrolled through page-after-page...) I found some related stuff, but not quite what I needed. If there is a thread already, I'd love to have a link thrown up. I apologize if there is a post.

Anyway, here's the deal: Anyone who lives in the north east knows this winter has been brutal. And it has not been nice to ol' Bruce. (I imagine he's feelin' like Bruce did in the beginning of Dark Knight Rises...) I've done my best to keep him off the road, and 99% of the time I just take my wife's Altima out for DD. We work like, 5 minutes from each other, so we drive together most mornings. There have, however, been a handful of times where I had no option but to roll in Bruce.

So, frigid-arse weather + endless road salt/gravel + PA's notoriously horrendous roads = plenty of rock chips. I've repaired rock chips before, and am not too concerned about them. However, the other day I found a big peeling spot on my front fender.

Does anyone have a good method for repairing stuff like this? I want to know how to stop the peeling before I apply any new paint. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7901.JPG (377.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8001.jpg (542.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8002.jpg (655.5 KB, 75 views)