View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
The problem is you're picking up the car at 70k miles with no knowledge of how the previous owner maintained the car. No big deal, in a few years you can pick up another one and start over.
I know who the previous owner is.
The vehicle is on OEM original tires.
Everything about it looks solid. It was a soccer-mom car. I have all of the service records, etc. Always dealer serviced.

I think the price getting out of the Z was a good one, considering the price drop on new models and the accidents. I've never looked at Jeep pricing, so I can't comment there. The only catch on the numbers, and I can understand if you don't want to air it publicly, is that you were upside down on the Z, right? Or did you work your way out of that before you sold it?
I was definitely upside down on my 370Z. Badly. I am still upside down, in the Jeep, but most of the depreciation is knocked out of it by this point, and I am less upside down in it than I was in the 370Z. Part of the reason I jumped on it is that I got private party retail for trade-in (considering the BALD tires), even considering the $15K in damage done from 2 accidents, and the pruchase-price of the jeep (clean car-fax, powertrain warranty remaining, known service history) was also about private party retail. I feel that I would have been stupid to pass that up.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 03-05-2014 at 07:19 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote