View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
JWillis72
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z yellow 7AT
JWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
A sump spacer and/or extended sump with baffles will provide an additional litre or so, which will be a reasonable safety margin for most track-day aficionado's using R-Spec tyres (RS-3, AD08, R888 etc) where the session length is 15 minutes.

Running full race (longer duration events, full slicks), then an Accusump is the minimum insurance, but serious amateur or semi-pro competition then the only solution is a dry-sump system.

I track my car regularly, use Yoki A048 or Dunlop DZ03G R-Spec's, and once a year run in a 6-hour relay where duration is 30-minutes and I do not get surge with a JWT sump extender, oil cooler and an additional litre of oil in the engine.

However, if I was "racing", I'd install a Dailey Engineering dry-sump.

Tread you own path, make your own decisions.
The car is a DD on street tires and we run 25 min sessions, nothing serious. I just want to have as much safety for the motor as I can have reasonably. The car has a lot more power than the last time I tracked and I want it to stay that way. Last time we went to Sebring we trashed the motor of a 650 HP Trans-Am because of oiling problems and it has me a little gun shy.

Thank you both for your input!
JWillis72 is offline   Reply With Quote