View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis89 View Post
Yeah..I don't have any electrical experience.
Then I strongly urge you to find someone that knows what they are doing to help you out. The lights on the Z are wired to the BCM, not a relay as in most older cars, and you run the risk of frying something.

Quote:
What do you mean "parallel" with the LEDs? That's why I'm looking for a plug-n-play solution. There has been discussion before, but I'm not sure anyone has actually done it.
The only PnP solution I am aware of is the "CAN-compat" LEDs. But I'm no expert so there may be something else available.

Quote:
I'll do some more research on the "CAN-compatible" LEDs.
This sounds like your best bet. Or at least the easiest route.

Quote:
EDIT: I'm not opposed to learning how to do it via resistors, but its my DD so I don't really can't mess anything up for longer than 2 days (a weekend).
Adding the resistors is not a difficult job just not something I would recommend for someone with zero experience. Shouldn't take someone with some experience more than an hour or so. Unless you burn something up