View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #87 (permalink)
edk370
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z
edk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to behold

^I was in Japan too for a year. Used cars are dirt cheap because of all the costs associated with owning a car there such as road inspection fee, the fact that cars can't go over a certain mileage (I believe it's 100Km), etc. I know it's a lot more expensive to own a car there than here in the U.S. I saw R32 GT-Rs selling for $10,000 USD or less (after being maybe 7, 8 years old).

As for the MKIV topic, it was the last twin turbo Japanese sports car before all the other ones got axed here in the U.S. I think the cult following was due to the FnF movies. FnF used that orange riced out one.That's why you see so many riced out MKIVs for sale on Ebay, etc. Bright, loud paint jobs, riced out body kits, etc. I like them STOCK. The stock ones owned by mature owners fetch good money.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't pay $25,000+ for a 20 y.o. used car. If money were no object I'd buy a Ferrari F40...those fetch 1/2 M to 1M$+ <--the best car in the world ever Better than any current Ferrari, Lambo, GT-R, Vette, BMW....yada yada yada
edk370 is offline   Reply With Quote