View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #85 (permalink)
edk370
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z
edk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radride View Post
If the 370z came with a turbo from the factory, the demand and value would be very high; just like the supra. The reason why the supra still demands the money it does is because of the cult following and the modibility of the car. They make crazy HP on the stock platform. I just sold mine, it made 670rwhp on the stock block on pump and meth with all of the supporting mods. Its a great car for dyno numbers and still looks good today. The unfortunate part is that is getting long in the tooth and the interior is not aging well.

R.K.
I disagree. The cult following of the MKIV turbo was because of the Fast N Furious movies. If you go to Australia or Japan, MKIV turbos can be bought for around $13,000 USD. I'm implying that the Fast N Furious movies didn't really have much of an impact there, but did in the U.S. Plus, when the MKIVs phased out, they were $50,000 cars brand new here in the U.S. This kept a lot of teenage dreamers from buying this car.

Personally, I think the FD3S is the sexiest Japanese sports car from the 90s heyday. But their resale values suck because the rotaries are perpetual tuning problems and unreliable. That's why people do LS swap
edk370 is offline   Reply With Quote