View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber View Post
How much editing, if any, did you do? Pretty high-key shots, I usually have very bad luck with them. Especially #3.

I like the composition on #1 though. It's cute
Don't take this as sounding lazy but I try to get everything in camera that's possible. Sometimes I'll take the same photo repeatedly adjusting my shutter speed or ISO because it can be hard to figure out which exposure level is best until you get it blown up on a calibrated screen vs on the smaller screen of the camera. Yes the histogram can help with that but when your topic is white, that makes things hard. For these, I mostly converted from raw, adjusted levels and contrast, some white balance tweaks, then clean up leaves and/or rocks on the ground to clean up the image, one level of sharpening and then call it done. The more you do to prepare your image in person, the better off you are in post, in my experience. I always love when other photographers say "oh that over there? I'm not worried about it, I'll clean it up in post", especially something in a reflection on a car. They usually end up not being able to or if they can it's very difficult.