View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

I shoot it I think. A guy just told me it was armour plate at a metal shop. Had a piece only 1/8" thick. With my 10" barrel it barley makes a dent and really no creator, but it did bend the **** out of it. About 40 rounds of my 75g reloads and AE and PMC steel core 62g rounds. Bent the **** out of it but no real dents like I've seen on other metal plates. This is either harder than AR500 or my 10" barrel can't send them out fast enough to cause damage. But hell, even with a 20" barrel, you're still not going to break through this stuff.

The spalling was about 10 feet long and a foot thick on the ground in the snow at about 25 yards and you know that was happening 360 degrees around. Best video I saw was a guy make 3 kevlar bags and put the plate in. After about 5 rounds the bags tore. 5 is better than the rhino liner coating and better than ceramic plates that can't take more then 2-3 rounds in the same location. A front plate is 3 pounds heavier than ceramic but I'd take that over a failed ceramic any day.

Last edited by synolimit; 03-03-2014 at 10:54 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote