View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Meulen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
Meulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurnon View Post
Yeah, Naptha & Xylene are both thinners and will work great!

Plasti-dip does have their "Smoke" line. But even if you use the smoke, you wont get a glossy finish. It'll still be matte black. You can of course make your own blend like I suggested in my last post and add Clear or Glossifier to the dip. That would make it look very similar to VHT. But the cost for buying the black dip, thinning it with glossifier, and then spraying it thru a gun or custom aerosol can.. it will cost double what the VHT costs and still wont have the same perfection in texture.

Either way, both work. Its about what look you are going for -
Nice! That's good news, cuz I'll be going for a more Matte look with mine. I have the Plasti-dip at home. Waiting for it to warm up some to spray the lights, rear diffuser, and front bumper air inlet.