Thread: Loose Headrests
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
dad
Grand Prix of Endurance

Drives: Mulsanne Straight
dad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytontp View Post
There is a dealer in Columbia SC that has a 370Z Touring model and the headrest move alot. I went to check the car out and when I sat in the leather seat and put my head back on the headrest, I could feel the headrest rails pushing on the seat cushion area behind my shoulder blades. I thought this was really weird so I leaned back a little firmer and it felt like the rails were going to poke through.

I did not drive the car, but I will say I am overall impressed with the car. I owned a 2005 S2000 for almost 3 years, and I wish I still had it. Many of the complaints I read about the 370Z on this forum could also be said about the S2000. I do not see why so many complain, you have a $30k sports car that nothing close to it MSRP $$ can touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoflip6 View Post
If I am correct...the "looseness" your feeing is the active head restraint system...it is to help prevent "whiplash" in incase of an accident...

EDIT*

Here is a link
Protect Your Neck: Warding Off Whiplash With Head Restraints - Edmunds.com
Copied this from the 370Z brochure I have. It may be a sensor in the back of the seat, for activation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture copy.jpg (220.8 KB, 32 views)

We can do without any article of luxury we have never had; but once obtained, it is not in human nature to surrender it voluntary.

Last edited by dad; 02-03-2009 at 12:36 PM.
dad is offline   Reply With Quote