View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #59 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Just to say thanks to an unnamed LEO: I pulled up next to a black charger the other day at an intersection near an entrance ramp to the interstate (didn't know I was next to a LEO). Light turns green and I jump on the throttle (not racing, just didn't want to be behind a dodge getting onto the highway). A lot of nose, some tire spin, and a bit of yaw as the rear end pulled hard to one side. I think I was well within the ticket-able zone. LEO fires up his grill lights and I thought I was toast. I slow down and wait to be pulled over, but it never happens. I think he was just saying "settle down, boy." I think he must have gotten a good laugh at my lack of awareness: all black charger with limo tints should have been at least a hint. I've been lucky; seldom stopped but stops have always been justified.

Anyway, thanks anonymous LEO!

Exhibition of speed. Def. a ticketable offense.

Sometimes you get lucky and they just kind of warn you.

Or give you the Mutumbo finger wag when you fly onto the freeway from the interchange... and just in case he didn't see you, SRM will match revs even if you throw it into neutral, thus making sure you got the officers attention.

Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote