View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #61 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis2012 View Post
Anyone find their Z a burden?

For example: high monthly payments, insurance, can't afford gas, two seaters, can't afford repairs, cabin space, excessive noise, unwanted attention, complaints from significant other etc etc.

I don't have any problems with my car, but I can imagine the Z can be a burden for some. Especially if he/she uses it as a DD.
On road trips over several hours the road noise plus radio volume to drown it out would make me feel like I had a cold, regarding ears stuffed with cotton feeling.

Maintenance wasn't an issue, but reliability was. Too much time in the shop. Too much"oh...that's normal for those..." from NNA.

Cost wasn't an issue as I knew what it cost before I bought it.

Space was an issue when I went out of town to see friends, and definitely would have been once I move where my friends are, but where I am now it never bothered me.

In short, it was a decent cheap sports coupe. Had lots of build quality issues and never really impressed me, but it also cost less than a Cayman S, as well. Overall, "meh" about sums my feelings up. But it was never really "a burden". My needs just changed and it's not a car I felt any real attachments to. Kind of like a spoon or fork. It got me from a to b most of the time and beyond that it was whatever.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote