View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #63 (permalink)
jkirby78
Base Member

Drives: '12 370Z-MB-M6
jkirby78 is on a distinguished road
Default Awesome

As a current car salesman and internet manager for a Nissan Dealership, and a Z owner, I can tell you that all of these "how to buy a car" stories online are hilarious. Dealerships aren't the pits of doom that they used to be. Basically, if you already know what car that you're looking for, then come in and be honest. If you attempt to ******** us, we can smell it. That basically is our only training. If you come in and tell us what you'd like, and be reasonable, then we'll shoot you straight, and help you out. Most places will do this. Anyone buying a Z (that can buy a Z) Isn't some bum off the street with bad credit and no job.

Just come inside, sit down and talk to one of us like a normal person. Treating us like the enemy makes us the enemy. Make us the enemy, and we're going to make sure that you don't leave happy. You'll either stay and spend too much money, or you'll leave and never think that you got a good deal and be dissatisfied.

Basically, just act how you'd want us to... The end...
Also, feel free to email me to ask me anything you wanna know about the business side of things. The Z doesn't have much market up, and traditionally doesn't have rebates... So, don't expect to get much off of sticker. I work the books at my place, and I didn't pay much less than sticker. Also, VPP is a crock... Most places can hit a lower selling price just cutting the deal rather than wasting time going to your HR department and getting a VPP number. So, once again... Just come in and sit and talk to us. we'll fill you in on everything you wanna know.

Joshua
jkirby78 is offline   Reply With Quote