View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
Disagree. Lighter rear end with fat tires we have on 370Z (especially a summer tire like RE11) will hydroplane easier. You want the weight unless you can put a skinnier rain tire on the car. I have done plenty of wet AX's and had luxury of full day event where I ran to gas station to fill up and the traction benefit was noticeable.

I'd agree with you if surface was just moist but it there is any standing water you want weight in the rear. Also depends on course. If its a momentum course rear weight wont matter much but if you have many slow turns where you need to accelerate the car will benefit from added weight in the rear.
I'm not gonna argue with experience. I have only run in damp and that was years ago in a stock MGB. Not much problem geting power from it to the ground.
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote