View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Z1NONLY
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 16 FR-S
Z1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Wrong.

By increasing the tire pressures, you reduce the contact patch and help reduce hydroplaning. Had a rain event last year, one run at the normal pressures I run and the next with 4 psi more all around. The higher pressure was noticeably better.

I said "may be beneficial" because conditions and tires and setups vary. I formed that view over countess wet events, and at least 6 different tire brands on the Z alone.

That being said, I don't recall running RE11's in the wet. I don't assume that all the dry runs I have had in different cars on those particular tires make me informed on the re11's wet behavior.

My advice is the result of what worked best on most of the tires, at most of the rain events I have driven in.
Z1NONLY is offline   Reply With Quote